Friday, February 6, 2015

Daily Blog




Friday, February 6th.
 
Stay-at-home mom (Daily blog post)

 
        I think one of the biggest complaints I have about being a stay-at-home mom is some people seem to think it’s so nice to not work, and stay home.   Yes, I do have the perks of not having an actual “job title”, or being somewhere to clock in, but it’s not all “gravy” like some think. Sometimes I find myself thinking “do you know how much child care would be, if they did everything I do”.  Truthfully, I love spending this time at home with my girls while there still little, but I do get a little frustrated when I hear the “oh. You don’t work, that must be so easy for you”.    I think my biggest challenge is trying to work on being a full time student in between: car pool, cooking, cleaning, keeping a two year old busy, and so many other things that’s involved that add up.  It keeps you pretty busy, you begin to wonder if there’s enough hours in a day.  I’m very thankful to be able to spend this one-on-one time with my girls, and soaking in all the special little moments.  Being a stay-at-home mom has more perks/ rewards then anything.  I love being invold with my daughter’s 1st grade class, and being the one teaching my 2 year old basic skills.   I’m not looking forward to the day I finish school, to go back into the career world, and have to get back into the routine of childcare/ having to scheduled everything around work.   The days I find myself frustrated because nothing is getting done right or my girls are just not behaving, I find myself thinking “you’re going to miss this soon enough”!   I probably make mistakes on a daily, or don’t get accomplished what Id like to, but I love each day I spend with my girls.   I feel very blessed/privilege to be at home with my girls right now, because I know of so many mom’s that would love to do the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment