Friday, February 13, 2015

Daily Blog



Friday, February 12th.

Daily Blog


Parenting



                                     Iv always found it interesting how many different types of parenting there really is, along with how it's changed over the last fifty years.   Iv been a mother for almost 7 years now (doesn't seem possible), I consider myself a good parent, but my 2 year old has (I'm sure there's more to come) thrown a fit in the middle of the store, because I wouldn't let her run around or have what she wanted.  Dose this mean I should get judged for having a misbehaving child? Come on, how many of us have been here?   Yes, I did get on eye level with her, and confront the situation then ( I didn't give in, and let her have that cup of cheerio cereal).  Guess what, she walked next too me the rest of the time, and was good from there on.  But, for those few minutes of her misbehaving, I could see the judgment of having a misbehaving child.   Did I handle the situation right, I think so, but doesn't mean everyone ales needs to.   I was in Walmart today, this little boy maybe 6 or 7 was throwing a huge fit with the kicking, loud screams/crying, running around (literally).   The dad started using compromising with the kid,  My first thought was thinking if my 6 year old ever did that.... but then I  thought "do I know this dads situations, or maybe this has a disability and this is what works for them?"   Every parent has there own way, and I don't think you should be told or judge for not following the "new trend" of parenting.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment