Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Daily Blog



Wednesday, February, 18th

Daily Blog

Customer Service


                                 What's happened to customer service skills in the workplace anymore? I feel like the last handful of times I dealt with an interacting involving customer service, it's been horrible.   Maybe it's just been my luck lately, but over the last couple of years Iv noticed a decrease in customer service skills.  I have to wonder if its bad timing, they just don't like there job, or with the younger ones maybe it's not that important.  Some are too busy talking to other employees or playing with there phone and not paying attention.   I'll share a few examples of my experiences, and see if you can relate.  I went to the mall today, I was trying to checkout from one of the department store, and it took forever because the manager was have an important conversations about her date last night with another employee.   Another time would be, calling our internet provider because our internet stopped working. I was put on hold for 15min, then it was hard to understand the represented because they couldn't speak very well English.  We eventually understood each other, but I had to get sent to another department for troubleshooting.  This person was plan rude, I needed up asking to speak to a manger to have the problem taken care of.    Like I said, these were just a couple of example to give you an idea. I'm sure I have plenty more to share, but don't find it needed.    When I experience good customer service, or just a nice polite staff. I'll drive out of my way to deal with that store, restaurant, or business.  It just makes for a more pleasant experience for everyone involved.  Personally, I'd must rather spend my money with them, just for having good customer service skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment