Sunday, March 1, 2015

Daily Blog



Saturday, February, 28th

Daily Blog


Favorite childhood memory


                My childhood was pretty average, compared to most, I grew up in a small town and my parent worked to support our family.  I didn't come from a privilege family, but I was thankful for everything I did have, along with got to do.  My favorite childhood memory would be the first family vacation we took when I was around 13 years old.  My father had his own business, so it was hard for us to get away, but eventually business was going good, and he was able to hire extra help.  I remember when my parents told us were going on vacation, I figured it was the typical weekend away, but this time it was a whole week.  I was o excited to find out we were going to the ocean.    I remember us three kids climbing in the back eat of my dad's truck (not the most specious room) with our pillows and travel bags.   Every time we stopped for gas, my dad would let us buy whatever snack foods we wanted (special treats indeed).   We slept most of the way during the night, I remember my mom waking me up to look out the window.  I remember seeing this pile of sand along side the road, as my eyes grew with excitement,  I saw the beautiful ocean, and was welcomed with the salty air in the car.  I was so happy, and excited during this whole trip. We spend the day at the ocean, and visited local attractions.  Granted this was fourteen years ago, but I still remember the feeling of excitement, and so appreciated of all the hard work my dad did to make this trip happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment